At the Office of the Vice Provost for Research, we encourage researchers to apply for funding, participate in workshops, and engage in the research process at every stage.
The list below is not a complete list of opportunities. For more comprehensive funding opportunity searches the library now provides access to an aid for locating and securing research funding.
The Office of Corporate and Foundation Relations (CFR) also maintains a comprehensive list of additional funding opportunity databases available to Brandeis faculty and staff, and a calendar of recurring foundation RFPs in all fields.
For Faculty & Staff
March 25, 下载全民体彩
The National Science Foundation (NSF) Scholarships in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (S-STEM) program addresses the need for a high quality STEM workforce in STEM disciplines supported by the program and for the increased success of low-income academically talented students with demonstrated financial need who are pursuing associate, baccalaureate, or graduate degrees in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM). The program seeks to:
1) increase the number of low-income academically talented students with demonstrated financial need obtaining degrees in S-STEM eligible disciplines and entering the workforce or graduate programs in STEM;
2) improve the education of future scientists, engineers, and technicians, with a focus on low-income academically talented students with demonstrated financial need; and
3) generate knowledge to advance understanding of how interventions or evidence-based curricular and co-curricular activities affect the success, retention, transfer, academic/career pathways, and graduation of low-income students in STEM.
April 1, 下载全民体彩
The $25,000 Alice award is given annually to a richly illustrated book that makes a valuable contribution to its field and demonstrates high standards of production. Books selected by the award jury for the Alice Short List each receive $5,000.
The award is intended to buttress the kind of slow reading movement that recognizes and cherishes the lasting values of the well-made illustrated book, and the special sense of intimacy it affords. Fields considered include the fine arts and the natural and built environments and related public issues.
May 7, 下载全民体彩
This travel trants program is open to Ph.D. students doing research that requires facilities or expertise not available in their 下载全民体彩 country下载全民体彩. The trips will be only to a higher education, or a research facility in the U.S.A. (for Israelis) or Israel (for U.S. students).
November 18, 下载全民体彩
The multi-agency Ecology and Evolution of Infectious Diseases program supports research on the ecological, evolutionary, and social drivers that influence the transmission dynamics of infectious diseases. The central theme of submitted projects must be the quantitative or computational understanding of pathogen transmission dynamics. The intent is discovery of principles of infectious disease transmission and testing mathematical or computational models that elucidate infectious disease systems.
Howard Hughes Medical Institute (HHMI) seeks independent researchers and physician-scientists who are pursuing discoveries in basic biology and biomedicine nationwide. HHMI provides Investigators with unusually generous and flexible support for renewable seven-year terms. We currently support nearly 300 Investigators, who maintain their academic appointments and labs at their 下载全民体彩 institutions across the U.S.
Eligible scientists , without institutional nomination or limits to the number of applicants from any of more than 200 eligible institutions. All questions should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Research opportunities at the Office of the Dean of Arts and Sciences, or
- Opportunities specifically for the Division of Social Sciences.
March 30, 下载全民体彩
We welcome applications from undergraduates, in any Brandeis University department, who are pursuing academic or career interests in Israel. The grant can be used for internships, research, study, work, volunteering, and more! Projects must last a minimum of eight weeks and can focus on anything from science, technology and business, to the arts, social justice, and topics in the social sciences and humanities.
April 1, 下载全民体彩
The Crown Center invites applications for travel, research, and study grants for Brandeis undergraduate and graduate students. This award cycle may be used for summer travel, study, or thesis research. The maximum grant award is $3,000.
Grant funds may be used for the following purposes:
- Research expenses (such as travel to the Middle East, room and board, photocopying, etc.),
- Study of a Middle Eastern Language, and
- Study of relevant Middle East topics at a foreign institution.
April 17, 下载全民体彩
In order to cover certain dissertation-related expenses, especially travel, Brandeis' Office of the Provost is accepting proposals for support from doctoral students with an approved dissertation proposal.
Acceptable Reimbursable Expenses include:
- Research-related travel expenses (airfare, train fare, etc.).
- Archive/library (digital or in-person) access fees.
- Special equipment and software.
- For music composition and theory students, travel for/work with ensemble or performer who is executing composition.
Brandeis University's Hiatt Career Center provides opportunities to support your research. See especially the Internship and Research Grants.
Financial support for research is available at Brandeis. Find targeted information for social scientists about external funding opportunities, and the staff on campus who can assist.
Find out more about opportunities across campus to fund your research and creative work.